MOA (Memorandum of Association)The memorandum of association/ MOA of a company, often simply called the memorandum, is the document that governs the relationship between the company and the outside. It is one of the documents required to incorporate a company in India. MOA/ Memorandum of association is the key part of the company in incorporation.
MOA Format - Memorandum of Association
THE FORMAT OF MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION/ MOA OF PRIVATE COMPANY IS GIVEN BELOW
THE COMPANIES ACT, 1956
PRIVATE COMPANY LIMITED BY SHARES
MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION
II. The registered office of the Company will be situated in the State of Kerala.
Main Object clause in memorandum of association/ MOA
III. (A) THE MAIN OBJECTS TO BE PURSUED BY THE COMPANY ON ITS INCORPORATION ARE:-
To carry on the business of infrastructure and property development, including buying, constructing, developing, leasing, renting, executing joint venture developments and selling residential villas, apartments, townships and commercial office space, commercial complexes and to provide consultancy, property management services, and related support services for infrastructure development.
Ancillary object clause in Memorandum of Association (MOA)
(B) THE OBJECTS INCIDENTAL OR ANCILLARY TO THE ATTAINMENT OF THE MAIN OBJECTS ARE: -
- To acquire by purchase, take on lease, hire or by gift or otherwise and hold any movable or movables and also any immovable property or properties or any rights or privileges that may be deemed necessary or useful for the advancement of the objects of the Company.
- To acquire, purchase, import, fabricate or otherwise plants, machinery, tools, implements and other materials necessary for the establishment of the factory and to erect, maintain, improve, develop, alter, repair, pull down and restore all or any such machinery in the factory premises.
- To import or otherwise acquire by local purchase all raw materials, articles, things and commodities, required for the manufacturing process done by the Company.
- To borrow or raise or secure the payment of money in such manner as the Company shall think fit and in particular or otherwise, charged upon all or any of the Company’s property (both present and future), including its uncalled capital and to purchase, redeem and pay off any such securities. The deposits shall be accepted subject to the provisions contained in the companies Act, the directives of the Reserve Bank of India or any other enactment in force.
- To make draw, accept, endorse, execute and issue cheques, promissory notes, bills of exchange and other negotiable or transferable instruments or securities and to open bank accounts current or overdraft and operate on the same.
- To carry on any other trade or business which may seem to the Company capable of being conveniently carried on in connection with any of the Company’s objects or calculated directly or indirectly to enhance the value of or render profitable any of the company’s property or rights or which it may be advisable to undertake with a view to improving, developing, rendering valuable or turning to account any property movable or immovable belonging to the Company or in which the Company may be interested.
- To guarantee the payment of money unsecured or secured by or payable under or in respect of promissory notes, bonds, debenture stock, contract mortgages, and securities of any authority, supreme, municipal, local or otherwise or of any persons whomsoever whether incorporated, and generally to guarantee or become sureties for the performance of any contracts or obligations.
- To apply for and utilize financial assistance from government, state of central, financial institutions, bankers, companies, firms or individuals for the purpose of carrying on and developing all or any of the business of the company.
- To enter into partnership or into any arrangement for sharing or pooling profits, amalgamation, union of interest, co-operation, joint adventure, reciprocal concession or otherwise or amalgamate with any person or Company carrying on or engaged in or about to carry on or engage in any business or transaction which this Company is authorized to carry on or engage in or any business undertaking or transaction which may seem capable of being carried on or conducted so as directly or indirectly to benefit this Company.
- To incur and disburse prior incorporation expenses to the promoters of the Company.
- To promote any other Company for the purpose of acquiring all or any of the property and liabilities of this Company or for any other purpose which may seem directly or indirectly calculated to benefit this Company.
- To insure with any person, company or corporation, godowns, goods therein, vehicles, equipments, buildings and other properties of the company against the risk of any loss or damage and also against third party risk.
- To acquire and undertake the whole or any part of the business, property and liabilities of any person, firm or Company carrying on any business which the Company is authorized to carry on or possessed of property suitable for the purposes of this Company.
- To apply for purchase or otherwise acquire and protect and renew in any part of the world, any patents, patent right, brevet D’invention, licenses, concessions and the like, conferring any exclusive or non-exclusive or limited right to their use or any secret or other information as to any invention which may seem capable of being used for any of the purpose of the Company or the acquisition of which may seem calculated directly or indirectly to benefit the Company and to use, exercise, develop or grant licenses in respect or otherwise turn to account the property, rights or information so acquired and to expend money in experimenting, testing or improving any such patents, inventions or rights.
- To lend and advance money or give credit to such companies or other persons and on such terms as may seen expedient and in particular to customers and others having dealings with the Company and toguarantee the performance of any contract or obligation and the payment of money of or by any such persons and generally to give guarantees and indemnities.
- To pay for any rights or property acquired by the Company and to remunerate any person or Companywhether by cash payment or by the allotment of shares, debentures or other securities of the Company credited as paid up in full or in part or otherwise.
- To sell, lease, mortgage or otherwise dispose of the property, assets or undertaking of the Company or any part thereof for such consideration as the Company may think fit.
- To establish and maintain or procure the establishment and maintenance of any contributory or non-contributory pension or superannuation funds for the benefit of and give or procure the giving of donations gratuities, pensions, allowances or emoluments to any persons who are or were at any time in the employment or service of the Company, or of any Company which is a subsidiary of the Company or is allied to or associated with the Company with any such subsidiary Company who are were the directors or officers of the Company or of any such other Company as aforesaid and the wives, widows,families and dependents of any such persons and also to make payments to or towards the insurance of any such person as aforesaid and do any of the matters aforesaid either alone or in conjunction with any other Company as aforesaid.
- To subscribe or contribute or otherwise assist or to grant money to charitable, benevolent, scientific, national public or any other useful institutions, organizations, objects or purposes or for any exhibitions.
- To enter into any agreements or arrangements with the Government of India or with any State Government and similar authorities that may seem conducive to the companies objects or any of them and to obtain from any such Governments or authorizes all rights, concessions and privileges which the company may think it desirable to obtain and to carry out , exercise and comply with any such arrangements, rights , privileges and concessions.
- To create reserve funds, or any other special fund for the improvement, expansion, or maintenance of the company.
- To establish and maintain agencies, place of business, branches, show rooms and godowns to carry on the business of the company.
- To take or otherwise acquire and hold shares in any other company having objects similar to those of this company or carrying on any business capable of being conducted so as directly or indirectly to benefit the company.
- To adopt such means of making known the business or the products of the company as may seem expedient.
- Subject to the provisions of the Company’s Act, 1956, to distribute among the members in kind any property or assets of the Company and any shares, debentures or securities of the Company or of other companies belonging to the company which the Company is competent to distribute, in the event of winding up of the Company.
other objects of MOA
(C) THE OTHER OBJECTS OF THE COMPANY NOT INCLUDED IN (A) AND (B) ABOVE ARE:-
- To carry on the business of merchants, commission agents, exporters, importers, stockists, representative and distributors of interior decorative products, handicrafts, natural products, building products, construction / infrastructure related electronic products and electrical and civil Equipment.
- To carry on the business as manufactures, producers, buyers, sellers, importers exporters and/or dealers of all types of food and food products and to engage in the business of lifestyle activities like running food services through restaurants, fast food counters and franchises.
- To setup and manage music schools and conducting music classes, conducting music shows, setting up and managing dance studios and conducting dance classes.
- To carry on the business of travel and transport agents, to own and run carriages, motor cars, buses and other conveyances and to arrange for the booking, reservation, arranging accommodations for the road, rail, sea and air travels.
- To carry on the business of hire purchase, leasing, financial consultancy and advertisement agents.
- To carry on the business of distribution and trading of all Consumable Goods and household appliances.
- To carry on the business of running wellness, fitness and recreation centers.
- To carry on the business of consultants for Information Technology support services, to provide specialized consulting services related to design, architecture and planning, to provide general consulting services for national and international projects and to undertake other specialized consulting engagements.
V. The Authorized Share Capital of the Company is Rs. -----------/- (Rupees ------ only) divided into ------ (---------- only) equity shares of Rs.10/- (Rupees Ten only) each.
We, the several persons whose names and addresses are subscribed are desirous of being formed into a Company in pursuance of this Memorandum of Association and we respectively agree to take the number of equity shares in the capital of the Company set opposite our respective names:-